Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What? Ben & Jerry's Isn't Super-Au-Natural?

Drip.  Drip.


Those are tears rolling off my face.  The truth is harsh.  Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream is taking the words "All Natural" off of 48 varieties of ice creams that aren't all natural.

So much for my "but one more scoop is okay 'cause it's natural" justification.

You see, Ben & Jerry's has been caught passing off ingredients as natural ingredients, like maltodextrin.  Um, excuse me Ben or Jerry or Unilever, but didn't someone teach you the old saying, if you have trouble pronouncing it, it can't be good for you?

But don't worry, the government is onto Ben & Jerry's and the company is no longer going to label ice cream with natural claims.  Oh, and Ben or Jerry or Unilever, don't worry, I was onto you long ago.

I read ingredients labels, too.  Though, especially now, there would be less guilt if I didn't.




No comments: